tallyho_83
12 August 2019 00:30:43

SO refreshing to have a cooler comfortable night! 12.5c and breezy in Exeter @ 01:30! Showers have died down! Actually felt autumnal this afternoon/evening!

Not happy with the amount of rain though! - Typical of a negative NAO/AO etc.

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
12 August 2019 03:49:08

Calm and dry with a clear sky and much cooler. 9.5c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Skreever
12 August 2019 04:55:09
Cloudy, dry

Wind nil

Temp 9.2C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
ktaylor
12 August 2019 06:37:37

Currently 14.1c patchy cloud with showers. Overnight low of 11.1c. Humidity 97%. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
johncs2016
12 August 2019 06:55:45

Yesterday was quite an extraordinary day which resulted in a total of 34.8 mm of rain falling at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 31.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where yesterday was the wettest day of this year so far as a result.

That rain then continued into the early hours of this morning and has resulted in a total of 2.4 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning, along with 3.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Those values are at least, a lot more sensible than those ridiculously high totals which we saw during yesterday, although this still means that today will now go down as yet another official rain day at both of those stations as a result.

Nevertheless, that rain has now finally cleared away and as I write, the Sun is now even starting to come through a bit more (it has been very rare recently for that to happen at this time of the day in this part of the world).

last night's minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 9.7°C. That makes last night, only the first occasion during this month where the temperature has dropped all the way down to single figures at any of my three local stations, and this also makes last night the coolest night of this month so far by quite a fair distance.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 7am this morning was a rather cool 10°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
12 August 2019 07:07:58
10.6c and sunny.
Overnight low 9.6c

It is now a chilly 18.5c in the living room, it has not been this cool inside since June.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
12 August 2019 08:04:17

Unbroken low cloud cover; calm; dry.

14.7*C (minimum of 12.3*C at 5.00am); 92%RH.

1011.9mb steady.

Cool, humid, rather gloomy, and the blackberries are in full fruit.  I could almost use the A word to describe the weather

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
Gusty
12 August 2019 08:10:45

Cloudy with a recent light shower after a sunny start.

17.9c following an overnight low of 13.6c

RH 82%. Dewpoint 15c

Pressure 1013.7 mb rising

Very light SW'ly breeze.

Rain so far - Nil

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

bradders
12 August 2019 08:32:02

Cool and cloudy but at least it`s dry (at the moment). No rain recorded overnight.

Temp 13.7C

Humidity 77%

Overnight low 9.6C

Pressure 1013mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Crepuscular Ray
12 August 2019 09:26:12
Cooler, fresher but sunny here in Edinburgh this morning....hurrah! Over 100mm of rain now in last 11 days so hoping for a nice day today and tomorrow for those festival crowds!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
ARTzeman
12 August 2019 09:55:11

Mostly cloudy. Some sunny intervals.

16.0c. Humidity 62% Rh

1015 hPa NW Breeze 6 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Bertwhistle
12 August 2019 11:24:43

Several fairly local thunderclaps and cloud to ground lightning strikes, the nearest about 5 miles away; torrential downpour followed hot sunshine about half an hour or so ago and the temperature dropped from 19 to 15C in a veery short time.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
johncs2016
12 August 2019 11:45:00
There is still a lot of cloud around here in Edinburgh, but the weather is much better than what it was over the weekend with some blue sky around and also some occasional sunny spells.

The result of this is that a total of 3.0 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon.

Having said though, it is a lot cooler than of late and the temperature at 12 noon was just a rather disappointing 15°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
12 August 2019 12:11:49

Its BLOODY COLD!!!!

15.7C 

raining 

DP. 13C

doctormog
12 August 2019 12:15:55
Largely cloudy, 14.8°C with light winds.
idj20
12 August 2019 12:23:05

Despite being surrounded by big shower clouds, it's still quite sunny and bone dry (0.0 mm rain so far today) overhead here at Folkestone and thus still a "mild" 19 c. But there is something of a brisk onshore type SW breeze.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Retron
12 August 2019 13:06:01

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

Largely cloudy, 14.8°C with light winds.

Not often it's warmer in Aberdeen than in Kent in mid-August!

14.5C here with moderate rain. It's been raining on and off all day and the sun's barely made an appearance. The temperature peaked at 18.6C around 9 AM and it's been falling steadily since then.

By my reckoning it's around 7 degrees below average, which is quite remarkable. I'm loving it, but I know lots of people won't be! (I'm off work today, so get to enjoy being in a coolish house for once. It certainly makes a change from the rancid humidity we've had of late down here.)

Leysdown, north Kent
idj20
12 August 2019 13:48:05

Now overcast with heavy rain and occasional thunder. 17.7 c & 74% h but thankfully winds are being light at the moment.

I can hear my parched looking lawn sighing in relief.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
12 August 2019 15:41:11

Dry but mostly cloudy all day with a few sunny spells and a light breeze.  The air is much fresher today and since the end of June it’s the first day we haven’t gone above 20c.  It’s currently sunny and 18.7c. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Gusty
12 August 2019 16:49:22

Cloudy, cool and calm.

14.8c after a high of 20.9c at 13:55hrs in strong sunshine before the arrival of the afternoon thundery showers that have delivered 15.2mm of rain so far today.

A very different feel to things this evening.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/