Crepuscular Ray
11 August 2019 14:59:35
Yes it's real festival weather. Had a quick trip into town. Thousands of tourists braving the gloom and incessant rain and it's 14 C! Might reach 100mm at my nearest station by tomorrow morning's observation (Swanston)
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Gusty
11 August 2019 15:17:52

Weak and hazy sunshine gave way to stronger sunshine between 2-3pm resulting in a max of 21.3c.

Its turned hazier again now with a temperature of 20.1c.

A quieter day but its still windy with occasional SW'ly gusts approaching 40mph.

RH 71%. Dewpoint 14c

Pressure 1011.6 mb falling

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

richardabdn
11 August 2019 15:35:50

Bleak and depressing beyond words. If anything more like winter than just autumn 

Drizzling all day long with zero sun for the second day out of three but despite that rain total of 0.2mm 

It's maxed out at a truly dire 13.3C but it was as low as 11.7C at 2:30pm. Was only 11C between Westhill and Blackburn and also at Whiterashes in the middle of the afternoon.

These godawful temperatures are a complete joke for mid-August and once again show how it is much easier to get closer to record low than record high these days.

Another shocking summer 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
11 August 2019 16:02:51

We’ve had some sunny spells with the temp just squeezing 21c and a couple of sprinkles of light rain early afternoon.  Currently sunny with some dark clouds to my North East. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
11 August 2019 16:41:47
Still raining here in Edinburgh just now with the result that nothing in the way of sunshine has been recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 5pm this afternoon.

This has also increased today's rainfall total so far as at 5pm this afternoon to 16.4 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 9.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where just at least another 3.0 mm of rain is now needed in order for this month's total at that particular station to go above 100 mm. At this rate, I can now possibly see that happening within the next hour or so.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was just a rather dismal 13°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
11 August 2019 19:54:17
A chilly 12.3c here now and clear after a high of 17.5c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Gusty
11 August 2019 20:15:34

Fairly cool here too compared to recent weeks with a current temperature of 16.4c at 9pm.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

johncs2016
11 August 2019 20:56:55
Here in Edinburgh, this afternoon and evening have been thoroughly wet and miserable with the result that in the end, nothing in the way of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank. That makes today only the first complete sunless day of this month at that particular station, but the 8th sunless day of this summer there.

It has never stopped raining since it first started at around lunchtime and as I write, it is still absolutely chucking it down here with the odd really torrential downpour at times which resulted in 7.4 mm of rain falling at Edinburgh Gogarbank just in the last hour alone.

As at 9pm tonight, the astonishing total of 30.2 mm of rain had now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with just 18.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm this evening was around 11°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.