Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
11 August 2019 04:07:31

Dry and clear with a moderate breeze. 14.2c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Skreever
11 August 2019 06:04:35
Overcast, wet

Wind NNE fresh breeze

Temp 11.3C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
ARTzeman
11 August 2019 06:16:13
Cool. Broken cloud with sunny intervals 13·OC. Humidity 69%Rh. Showers expected midday.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
11 August 2019 06:40:46
There has clearly been some rain during the night and a total of 7.6 mm of rain has already been recorded for today as a result along with 2.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

This means that today will now go down as yet another official rain day at both of those stations as a result with those totals coming over and above the total of 5.2 mm of rain which fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 16.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, there is very little actually happening here just now. There is a lot of cloud around around, but it is certainly not raining here just now and there are even a few breaks in that cloud.

We are currently under an official Met Office yellow warning for rain and today's forecast was for rain in this part of the world with temperatures getting no higher than around 15°C but given the nature of recent experiences, I don't fully trust the official forecasts at the moment, so I wouldn't actually be surprised if the Sun came out once again, leading to another warm day with temperatures over 20°C and maybe a bit of rain by this evening if we're lucky.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 14.1°C and the temperature at 7am this morning was around 14°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Bertwhistle
11 August 2019 07:16:54

Dry, breezy, bright; 17°C after another warm night.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Crepuscular Ray
11 August 2019 10:10:46
Cool with rain just starting to set in here in Edinburgh. A wet day is forecast with another 20-30mm forecast. Northern England and Scotland do not need any more!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
idj20
11 August 2019 10:31:06

Rather cloudy courtesy of high cloud spilling in from France but still with a good soft light (ideal for wedding photography without harsh shadows). A little less warm at 18.8 c & 77% h under a mod SW breeze.

I won't be feeling guilty chillin' in my hobby room watching Simpsons re-runs. Even my lawn doesn't need doing due to the lack of real rain of late anyway.

Folkestone Harbour. 
bradders
11 August 2019 10:46:44

Showers, 3.5mm since midnight.

Temp 16.1C

Overnight low 14.2C

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
johncs2016
11 August 2019 11:29:56

After a dull and overcast morning with very little in terms of our weather actually happening, the rain which was forecast for today has finally arrived although as yet, there hasn't been any more additions to today's rainfall totals as I write.

The result of this though, is that nothing in the way of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon.

In addition to that, the temperatures are also refusing to rise (as had been forecast) and in fact, the temperature at 12 noon at Edinburgh Gogarbank was still not even all that much higher than the overnight minimum temperature there at a rather abysmal 14.6°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ktaylor
11 August 2019 11:34:10

Patchy cloud some drizzle breezy

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
Gusty
11 August 2019 11:47:24

A bright day with some very hazy sunshine.

19.8c with a RH of 73% (overnight low was 15.8c)

Dewpoint 15c

A fresh SW'ly wind

No rain so far today.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Crepuscular Ray
11 August 2019 12:12:29
23 or 24 C in the central belt yesterday with a dramatic thunderstorm. 15 C today with persistent rain all day!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
doctormog
11 August 2019 12:14:59
13.4°C here and overcast with light mizzle and a chilly breeze.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
11 August 2019 12:32:13
Mainly dry today - so far. 14.8C

ARTzeman
11 August 2019 13:01:05

Showers and thunder. 19.2c.

Others just get wet.
Jim-55
11 August 2019 13:07:40

As Art says rain and a little thunder, the rain is quite heavy right now but it's warm and no breeze. My garden needs this rain as what rain we've had has made very little impact so far. Oooh! lovely big clap of thunder. rain torrential at the mo. temps feel warmer than the 17.1C it's showing.

At last some decent rain.

Previously JimC. joined back then in 2009. Frome, N/E Somerset, 125mtrs asl.
ARTzeman
11 August 2019 13:16:56

Nice loud thunder just rolled in. Got some rain measure now. 

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
11 August 2019 13:45:47

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Cool with rain just starting to set in here in Edinburgh. A wet day is forecast with another 20-30mm forecast. Northern England and Scotland do not need any more!

If you have been following my regular reports on the PW thread as well, you will know that this month's rainfall totals at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh in particular, are already starting to get a bit ridiculous, especially since we aren't even halfway through the month yet.

Yet, it is now absolutely chucking it down with rain here once again with the temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank now down to a ridiculously cool 13.7°C as at 2pm this afternoon.

doctormog
11 August 2019 13:54:15

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

If you have been following my regular reports on the PW thread as well, you will know that this month's rainfall totals at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh in particular, are already starting to get a bit ridiculous, especially since we aren't even halfway through the month yet.

Yet, it is now absolutely chucking it down with rain here once again with the temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank now down to a ridiculously cool 13.7°C as at 2pm this afternoon.

If only the Met Office had warned people 

Still cool (12.6°C) and grey here with some drizzle or light rain.

johncs2016
11 August 2019 14:19:59

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

If only the Met Office had warned people 

Still cool (12.6°C) and grey here with some drizzle or light rain.

Well, I'm at least tucked in safely indoors (it is Sunday after all, which is always a lazy day for me anyway) which means that this weather won't really affect me in any way (which is why I can safely ignore today's warning in the manner in which I said that I would on that other thread).