Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
10 August 2019 04:08:03

Dry and mild with a light breeze and broken cloud. 16.1c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Skreever
10 August 2019 06:07:53
Misty, drizzle

Wind SE light breeze

Temp 14.5C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
10 August 2019 07:03:30
This morning has actually started off on not too bad a note here for a change.

There is still some cloud around, but there is also plenty of blue sky with occasional sunny spells at times.

It does look as though there has been the odd shower of rain around during the early hours of this morning, but this has only resulted in a total of 0.4 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was 13.3°C, and the temperature at 7am this morning was around 14°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
10 August 2019 07:29:52
17C sunny spells with strong winds gusting gale force from SW.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Gusty
10 August 2019 08:17:23

Sunny spells and occasional brief fast moving showers.

18.7c in a strong to gale WSW'ly with gusts approaching 45mph.

Overnight low was 17.1c at 6am. 

3.6mm of rain since midnight.

RH 80%. / Dewpoint 14c

Pressure 1005.5mb rising quickly

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

bradders
10 August 2019 08:36:25

Cloudy with fresh to strong gusty Southwest winds

Temp 17.9C

Overnight low 16.4C

1.4mm rain overnight

Pressure 994mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
10 August 2019 09:00:47

Mostly cloudy with occasional breaks, strong and gusty WSW wind, dry after 6mm of rain overnight.

18.7*C (minimum of 15.8*C at 6.00am); 76%RH.

1002.0mb rising.

The wind has broken another two branches from my Buddleia bush in the garden, and blown down a blackberry growth that I had tied up. Doh! But the apple tree seems to be surviving without too many windfalls.  So far...

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
Sharp Green Fox
10 August 2019 09:31:02

Strong gusts of wind. (I don't have an anemometer) 

Heavy Showers

Temp: 15.9

Pressure:999.6 Rising

Feels very autumnal, more October than August.

four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
10 August 2019 09:50:44
It may get worse later but wind is a none issue here with highest gust 28mph.
After a few short-live thunderstorms through the evening mainly dry overnight, a few glimpses of sun this morning.
ARTzeman
10 August 2019 10:01:36

Overcast.   Gusty.17.0c. Humidity 75% Rh.

1001  hPa. Breeze 20 mph SW.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johnr
10 August 2019 10:29:24

21C. Wind gusting to 40mph having steadily risen in the last few hours.

Very noisy with all the trees in leaf, which are being bent sideways.

Mickfield, Mid Suffolk
idj20
10 August 2019 11:33:50

Sunny spells & partial cloud, 20.2 c & 75% h. 6.6 mm of rain so far (most of it fell in the small hours).

I'll let this photo cover the rest . . .

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
10 August 2019 11:44:08

Originally Posted by: idj20 

Sunny spells & partial cloud, 20.2 c & 75% h. 6.6 mm of rain so far (most of it fell in the small hours).

I'll let this photo cover the rest . . .

Good shot Ian.. At least the sun is showing now.

Others just get wet.
Bertwhistle
10 August 2019 11:48:10

Very windy with bright spells; 20.1°C

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
johncs2016
10 August 2019 12:10:38

Today is yet another Saturday with a yellow warning in place for thunderstorms, and yet another Saturday where the actual reality is completely different as today has actually been mostly sunny up until now with only scattered fair weather clouds in the distance, and with nothing showing up for miles on end on either the rain radar or lightning detector maps in this part of the world.

The result of this is that a total of 4.2 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon.

I will also add that this "autumnal" weather which we were supposed to get over the course of this weekend has just never materialised here and in fact, it is actually a bit warm in that sunshine, and even a bit warmer than of late with a temperature of around 20°C here in Edinburgh as at 12 noon.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Caz
  • Caz
10 August 2019 15:05:45

Some sharp, brief showers this morning but more sunny spells now and blustery.  21.1c

NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
10 August 2019 15:24:04

20C with sunny spells and the gale force gusty wind seems to be moderating a little, though that's perhaps wishful thinking.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Caz
  • Caz
10 August 2019 15:44:55

Originally Posted by: NMA 

20C with sunny spells and the gale force gusty wind seems to be moderating a little, though that's perhaps wishful thinking.

Maybe the low system is moving North because gusts have really strengthened here in the past 15 minutes or so. 

ARTzeman
10 August 2019 15:51:46

Dry. Broken Clouds. Sunny Spells. Winds decreasing. 16.5c.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
10 August 2019 16:48:50
Our perfect summer weather goes on here in Edinburgh despite the presence of some nearby thunderstorms.

There is more cloud around just now, but today has been most sunny and as those nearby storms are moving away, the Sun has been coming back out once again at times, with the result that a total of 7.1 hours of sunshine has now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 5pm this afternoon.

It is also warm with the temperature at Edinburgh Airport getting up to 23°C which actually makes today our warmest day of this month so far.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was around 21.5°C here in Edinburgh, so it is certainly not autumnal here in any way as had been forecast for this weekend.