Arcus
09 August 2019 12:53:27
24c, breezy with long sunny spells after earlier rain had cleared through.
Ben,
Nr. Easingwold, North Yorkshire
30m asl
doctormog
09 August 2019 13:04:14
Overcast and feeling autumnal at 14.8°C. “Only” 6.4mm of rain so far and winds are relatively light.

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu 
ARTzeman
09 August 2019 13:37:21

Sunshine and showers, southerly winds. 18 mph. 22.2c. Humidity 85% Rh. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
picturesareme
09 August 2019 13:53:01
25C today.. wind is beginning to pick up so i doubt it will get any higher.

Some sunny spells this afternoon.
johncs2016
09 August 2019 14:45:33
Today has been really wet and miserable for most of the time in this part of the world, but that rain has now cleared away and the Sun is now shining here in Edinburgh as I write.

In fact, I can even report that a total of 18 minutes of sunshine has now as a result of that, been recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 3pm this afternoon.

However, it is the rainfall which has been the main talking point for today as a total of 15.6 mm of rain has now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 3pm this afternoon along with 20.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The temperatures are also starting to respond quite nicely to that sunshine but at 3pm this afternoon, the temperature was only around 18°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
09 August 2019 15:28:38

Early rain cleared and it’s been mostly sunny with a breeze and 24.8c but just had a five minute cloudburst with big bouncy rain and thunder.  The sun’s back out again now though and it’s calm. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Roger Parsons
09 August 2019 16:42:32
After a warm if windy afternoon, heavy rain has now moved in from the west at 17.40 hrs.
R.
RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Surrey John
09 August 2019 17:19:28
Some light showers last night, then dry

Just had very intense shower for about 20 minutes, some massive puddles, but sun out again now.

Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
35m ASL
johncs2016
09 August 2019 20:43:35
The rest of this afternoon and this evening have been a big improvement from earlier on with some sunny intervals at times, although there has also been a lot of cloud at times.

In the end though, a total of just 2.5 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

There was even a further shower of rain during the early part of this evening, but this only added a further 0.2 mm onto today's rainfall total at Edinburgh Gogarbank, along with nothing at all at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Today's maximum temperature was 19.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank which makes today, only the second time during this month that the temperature has failed to reach or get above 20°C there.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm tonight was around 16°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.