Hippydave
27 July 2019 09:17:02

Local station to me showing 88mm for the month currently - the bulk of which has fallen on 3 days from memory (including the current rainfall).

Pretty much means that in the unlikely event August was entirely dry we'd still be a little above average for the summer locally. A fair chunk of recent rain has been from thunderstorms and showers (as was a decent chunk of June's total) so I imagine totals across Kent will vary quite dramatically!

Home: Tunbridge Wells
Work: Tonbridge
Snow Hoper
27 July 2019 11:54:12
38.2mm here.
Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
johncs2016
27 July 2019 15:00:07
Now that it has stopped raining here with the rest of this weekend being forecast to be mostly dry here, I can now report that a total of 18.2 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 3pm this afternoon along with 18.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

That makes today the wettest day of this month so far at both of those stations and the wettest day of this year so far at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 76.4 mm, the total for this summer so far to 185.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 415.4 mm as at 3pm this afternoon.

This means that since more rain has now fallen there during this month than the 1981-2010 July average for that particular station, this month will now go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the actual rainfall amounts regardless of what happens between now and the end of the month.

This also means that a minimum total of just at least another 6.8 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of August in order for this entire summer to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 88.4 mm, the total for this summer so far to 163.0 mm and the total for this year so far to 377.0 mm as at 3pm this afternoon.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Northern Sky
27 July 2019 18:11:39

17mm today so far, which is not to be sniffed at. Taking us to 39mm so far. 

idj20
27 July 2019 18:45:49

Now that the rain band appears to be petering out/moved slightly to our north, I have ended up with a useful 15.6 mm today. That's on top of the two lots of 8 mm earlier on this week and the lawn is appreciating that, but there is still a bone dry area under the conifer tree.

Folkestone Harbour. 
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
27 July 2019 20:40:43

After the rainfall in the last two days the running total for July to date here is 43.7mm, which is fairly close to the July LTA.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
Snow Hoper
27 July 2019 23:29:33
Continues to rise, 56mm.
Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Snow Hoper
28 July 2019 08:24:04
61.4mm

bradders
28 July 2019 13:24:10

115.7mm here.

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
ARTzeman
28 July 2019 13:48:48

24.8 mm  Total this month to date.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
28 July 2019 14:35:57
In the end, a total of 18.4 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 18.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 4.6 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 3pm this afternoon along with 5.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 81.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 190.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 420.2 mm as at 3pm this afternoon.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 3.1 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of August in order for this summer to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 94.0mm, the total for this summer so far to 168.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 382.6 mm as at 3pm this afternoon.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 18.0 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of August in order for this summer to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that a minimum total of just at least another 5 more official rain days now need to occur at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of August in order for this summer to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the number of official rain days.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
sunny coast
28 July 2019 18:47:41

Originally Posted by: Hippydave 

Local station to me showing 88mm for the month currently - the bulk of which has fallen on 3 days from memory (including the current rainfall).

Pretty much means that in the unlikely event August was entirely dry we'd still be a little above average for the summer locally. A fair chunk of recent rain has been from thunderstorms and showers (as was a decent chunk of June's total) so I imagine totals across Kent will vary quite dramatically!

recorded 83mm here this month  . 50 mm this weekend most between fri eve and Sat morning . Manchester gets a mention for 2 inches of raiin this weekend but not here!  monsoon like saturday morning! 

Joe Bloggs
28 July 2019 21:32:19

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings

Turning into quite a serious event across the Manchester area. 

River Mersey catchment areas looking badly affected. 

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL

Russwirral
28 July 2019 22:00:15
What looked to be a fairly dry weekend on prosper has turned out to be a proper washout. Non stop rain since yesterday morning. 42mm has fallen since 3am saturday.

Was bouncing off the floor a short time ago... not a good weather weekend.
DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
29 July 2019 06:07:40

MetO has Rochdale wettest  24-hr with 91.0 mm to midnight 28th

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
KevBrads1
29 July 2019 06:51:38

Rochdale recorded 111.6mm for the 48hrs of the weekend, 133.6mm since midnight of 24th July.

I think Rostherne is about 76mm in that same period since midnight of 24th July

MANCHESTER SUMMER INDEX for 2021: 238
Timelapses, old weather forecasts and natural phenomena videos can be seen on this site
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrSD1BwFz2feWDTydhpEhQ/playlists
speckledjim
29 July 2019 07:54:22
80.4mm to date....
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
Northern Sky
29 July 2019 11:43:24

64mm to date. 

A very dry start to the month leading to above average rainfall and extreme heat. It's not been boring.

jeffbeanpole1
29 July 2019 14:19:50
7.2mm to date. Very dry. Expecting a top-up tomorrow however.
Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan. Wales. 15m ASL.
ARTzeman
30 July 2019 08:35:12

5.1 mm. This morning.

29.9 mm This Month.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet