idj20
20 July 2019 10:39:38

Ended up with a very useful/welcomed 32 mm last night - the first significant rain for this month at my back yard. Just hope my brown-looking beloved lawn has a chance to green up before the hot weather set in.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Gusty
20 July 2019 11:12:06

Originally Posted by: idj20 

Ended up with a very useful/welcomed 32 mm last night - the first significant rain for this month at my back yard. Just hope my brown-looking beloved lawn has a chance to green up before the hot weather set in.

Its only got 48 hours to do so. 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Bolty
20 July 2019 11:17:41
54.6mm to the end of the 19th.

36.3mm of it was recorded just yesterday afternoon.
Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
Elstevio
20 July 2019 20:35:09
8mm over the last 24 hours and thunderstorm today brings rainfall to 12mm for the month.
Aylsham, North Norfolk
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
21 July 2019 06:22:29

30.6mm to date.

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
21 July 2019 07:48:00
In the end, a total of 1.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 2.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, today has been completely dry so far at both of those stations as at 8am this morning.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 50.6 mm, the total for this summer so far to 159.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 389.6 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 13.6 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 3 more official rain days need to occur at  Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 61.4 mm, the total for this summer so far to 136.0 mm and the total for this year so far to 350.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 3.8 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 2 more official rain days need to occur at  the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
johncs2016
22 July 2019 07:40:01

In the end, a total of 1.0 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 1.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 0.6 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 0.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 52.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 161.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 391.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 12.0mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that at least another 2 more official rain days need to occur at  Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 62.8mm, the total for this summer so far to 137.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 351.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 2.4 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that this month will go down as being wetter than average at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh in terms of the number of official rain days if there are any more official rain days at that particular station between now and the end of this month.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Northern Sky
22 July 2019 09:31:21

A paltry 1mm in the rain gauge this morning after what looked a promising radar when I went to bed.

22mm so far.

Tim A
22 July 2019 09:39:13

Originally Posted by: Northern Sky 

A paltry 1mm in the rain gauge this morning after what looked a promising radar when I went to bed.

22mm so far.

Glad you also recorded only 1mm, I thought my gauge was acting up!

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

ARTzeman
22 July 2019 10:08:29

Still on 14.7 mm.

Less than 1/4 of June.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
ARTzeman
23 July 2019 13:21:39

With weather warnings out for this evening into Wednesday then I am expecting a good amount to record.

Others just get wet.
speckledjim
23 July 2019 13:40:18
30.2mm
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
johncs2016
23 July 2019 14:39:58
If we can get the full impact here of tonight's thunderstorms, my next detailed report here may well be the one which confirms that this month is wetter than average overall at both Edinburgh Gogarbank and the botanic gardens in Edinburgh even though another 12.0 mm of rain is still needed for this month to be officially confirmed as being wetter than average at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

At the very least, I would expect the botanic gardens in Edinburgh to be confirmed as being wetter than average during this month as only another 2.4 mm of rain is needed there for that to happen.

In any case, the Met Office forecasts for this coming weekend are now looking more unsettled than what they were not too long ago which means that even if tonight's thunderstorms don't confirm this month as being wetter than average here, next weekend's forecast precipitation if it occurs, may well do so.

Northern Sky
24 July 2019 07:44:58

13mm last night. 35mm this month so far.

speckledjim
24 July 2019 07:48:04
up to 40.6mm after last night's rain
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
24 July 2019 07:55:51
About 10mm overnight total for the month 28mm now
johncs2016
24 July 2019 08:18:35
Yesterday was completely dry at all three of my local stations but a total of 5.8 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 6.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 58.0 mm, the total for this summer so far to 167.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 397.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 6.2 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that this month will go down as being wetter than average at Edinburgh Gogarbank in terms of the number of official rain days if there are any more official rain days at that particular station between now and the end of this month.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 69.6mm, the total for this summer so far to 144.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 358.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

Since more rain has now fallen at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh during this month than the 1981-2010 July average for that particular station, this month will now go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month.

This also means that since there has been more official rain days at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh during this month than the 1981-2010 July average for that particular station, this month will now go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month.

ARTzeman
24 July 2019 09:54:41

0.3 mm  Yesterday

3.3 mm   Today

18.3mm   This Month

219.3 mm  This Year to date.  

Others just get wet.
redmoons
27 July 2019 06:16:39
Looks like it's going to be a wet day 9mm already 29mm for the month.
Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

johncs2016
27 July 2019 08:04:21
In the end, a total of 0.2 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 0.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 3.2 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 3.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 61.4 mm, the total for this summer so far to 170.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 400.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 2.8 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This also means that since there has been more official rain days at Edinburgh Gogarbank during this month than the 1981-2010 July average for that particular station, this month will now go down as being wetter than average there in terms of the number of official rain days regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 73.6mm, the total for this summer so far to 148.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 362.2 mm as at 8am this morning.