Tim A
10 July 2019 07:30:22
3mm for the month (all coming in last 24 hours )

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

tierradelfuego
10 July 2019 19:55:18

0mm down here still, today is the 15th day since the last measurable (>0.2mm) rainfall so equals my record over the last 9 years. At least the lawn is still green, last year I hadn't mowed the lawn for 6 weeks as it was brown.

Bucklebury
West Berkshire Downs AONB
135m ASL
Stormchaser
10 July 2019 20:29:44

10 days in, I'm on 0.5 mm, with that haven fallen in the early hours of Sunday 7th. So I've not seen any rain falling by daylight.

Last time that happened was on the morning of 25th June.

Interesting to watch the vegetation dry out and start to turn various shades of yellow and brown, so soon after seeing 128% of the usual June rainfall. 

...but then, that wasn't actually all that much rain, as June has a 1979-2018 LTA of only 50.5 mm here. 

64.7 mm is drier than the average for each month Oct-Jan here.

Also, a lot of that input will have been snatched up by thirsty plants or lost to evaporation.

After considering all of that, it becomes a lot less eyebrow-raising to see regional stream levels looking pretty low - after all, they barely made it past typical levels in mid-June .

So, I'm looking out for heavy showers tomorrow, though I'm outside the area that most models produce much for. The negative vorticity associated with the Azores-Atlantic ridge might just about extend over here and put a low lid on the cloud formation.

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
johncs2016
11 July 2019 06:58:10
In the end, a total of 17.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning along with 15.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

That makes yesterday the wettest day of this month so far by quite a considerable amount at both of those stations.

In addition to that though, a total of 5.8 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning, along with 10.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 31.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 140.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 370.2 mm as at 7am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 34.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 108.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 322.8 mm as at 7am this morning.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
speckledjim
11 July 2019 09:17:56
5mm to date
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
ARTzeman
11 July 2019 11:58:36

9 Dry Days.

0.3mm This Month to Date.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Gusty
11 July 2019 16:37:24

0.4mm so far this month. 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

johncs2016
12 July 2019 07:30:16

In the end, a total of 7.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 12.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that though, a total of just 0.2 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning, but along with 2.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 33.4 mm, the total for this summer so far to 142.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 372.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 38.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 112.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 326.8 mm as at 8am this morning.

The forecast for the next couple of days is just for showers and whenever we've had such a forecast recently, it has usually always stayed dry here as the large bulk of yesterday from yesterday afternoon in particular showed.

By Sunday, it is generally expected to be dry in this part of the world anyway. This ties in with what I have been saying quite a lot on this forum about the fact that not a single wet spell from the end of April 2018 onwards has ever lasted for any significant period of time.

When all of this is taken into account, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we now, didn't get any more recorded rainfall here until the middle of next week (when we will no doubt, get plenty of that as I will be in the middle of my break in the Scottish Borders then).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
12 July 2019 10:55:09

1.5 mm Today.

1.8 mm Total to Date.

Others just get wet.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
12 July 2019 16:06:13

Just 2mm and looks dry up to mid month, possibly beyond.

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
13 July 2019 07:10:36

In the end, a total of 4.4 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 8.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that though, a total of 3.6 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7am this morning, but along with 3.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 41.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 150.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 380.2 mm as at 7am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 48.5 mm, the total for this summer so far to 123.0 mm and the total for this year so far to 337.0 mm as at 7am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 16.7 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

This weekend is being forecast to become drier over time with that dry weather also extending into next Monday as well. However, there might still be some further showers during today and it is then forecast to become more unsettled from around next Tuesday onwards once again, so this month is now looking as though it is going to go down as yet another wetter than average month. That in turn means that we are then going to need August to be a really exceptionally dry month here if this entire summer isn't going to go down as being wetter than average overall in the end.

Yet, most of the rain which we have had during this month has actually fallen during the last five days although given just how wet this period has been, it is probably hard to believe now that this month actually got off to a very dry start with that dry weather extending well into this month. All of that though, appears to be a very distant memory now with the way that it's all turned out since then.

Tim A
13 July 2019 18:43:27
Up to 8mm now after 2mm in 10 minutes during a heavy shower. Means the garden doesn't need watering now.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
14 July 2019 08:11:38
In the end, a total of 4.6 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 4.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, this morning has been completely dry so far at both of those stations as at 8am this morning.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 42.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 151.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 381.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 48.8 mm, the total for this summer so far to 123.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 337.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 16.3 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

Gusty
14 July 2019 10:16:08

Rainfall ticking along nicely after a light shower gave 0.2mm this morning. A soggy 0.6mm for the month now. 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

speckledjim
15 July 2019 11:52:18
now up to 19.8mm after some torrential showers over the weekend
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
Saint Snow
15 July 2019 14:50:01

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

3mm for the month (all coming in last 24 hours )

I went past Scammonden Dam last week on the M62 and it wasn't that far from full, certainly a lot fuller than it had been in May, when the level was way lower.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Tim A
15 July 2019 19:00:10

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I went past Scammonden Dam last week on the M62 and it wasn't that far from full, certainly a lot fuller than it had been in May, when the level was way lower.

Yes that must have been the result of the very wet June. There was 110mm here in June and probably more in the Pennines. 

Dry July though.  8mm so far...

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

ARTzeman
16 July 2019 10:56:06

Local weather shows precipitation for 4 days starting Wednesday evening. So my total will be added to.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
18 July 2019 08:05:12
In the end, a total of 0.6mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 0.8mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that though, a total of 0.8 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning, along with 0.6mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 43.6 mm, the total for this summer so far to 152.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 382.6 mm as at 7am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 50.2 mm, the total for this summer so far to 124.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 338.8 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a minimum total of just at least another 14.9 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average there overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

ARTzeman
18 July 2019 09:11:54

4.8 mm this morning.

6,6mm  Total sofar this month.

Others just get wet.