Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline johncs2016  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2019 06:14:08(UTC)
johncs2016

Man
United Kingdom

These threads are usually always popular during any particular season, especially during the summer and winter and there are certain members of this forum such as Richard from Aberdeen who excel in terms of the content which they post in these threads. For that reason and since we have just entered the start of the meteorological summer, I think that is is now the best time to start this particular summer moaning there although you can also gloat about what is happening if you feel the need to do that for any particular reason.

Located in the most boring part of the UK when it comes to our weather where hardly anything ever happens which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather (other than yet more constant grey skies), and with the more interesting weather usually always occurring elsewhere in the UK apart from here.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your TheWeatherOutlook forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline marco 79  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2019 06:54:38(UTC)
marco 79

Man
United Kingdom

Bit of a gloat for the southern and eastern contingent for today and to a minor extent tomorrow ...
Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Online Retron  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2019 07:04:49(UTC)
Retron

Originally Posted by: marco 79 Go to Quoted Post
Bit of a gloat for the southern and eastern contingent for today and to a minor extent tomorrow ...

Bit of a moan from this member of the SE contingent - it's going to be hot, humid and what little wind there is will be blowing from a direction which is utterly useless, as my house doesn't have any windows facing due south. It'll be an air-con day, that's for sure!

(And too unpleasant to mow the lawn, that'll have to wait until Monday by the looks of it. I tend to sweat buckets when mowing even when it's 20C, let alone the mid to high 20s and humid with it. I know I could in theory just mow the lawn now, before it warms up, but I'm not that uncaring to the neighbours!)

Offline roadrunnerajn  
#4 Posted : 01 June 2019 07:11:00(UTC)
roadrunnerajn

Funny itโ€™s not just in winter that the charts can show eye candy up to 5 days out only to change everything from that point onwards....

This last week is a good example. On Tuesday the GFS was showing warm, still conditions continuing into next week and beyond... so I thought brilliant and promptly signed up to a cycling sportive in North Devon.

On Wednesday the first signs of that developing low pressure started to show its hand!!

So it now looks that I will be cycling in the wind and rain.....again๐Ÿ™„

Helston Cornwall 62m asl. Land of the eternal spring (13c and overcast mizzle)
Offline Chunky Pea  
#5 Posted : 01 June 2019 07:28:47(UTC)
Chunky Pea

Man
Ireland

Scary looking (for those who enjoy excessive heat) ECM this morning.
"There are nights when the wolves fall silent and only the moon howls"

--George Carlin.

Offline xioni2  
#6 Posted : 01 June 2019 08:46:25(UTC)
xioni2

What a glorious day today following a great evening in the beer garden.

Both April and May have been great down here too and it makes me realise that the older I get the less I care about winter, cold and snow.

Don't give up, this is about our future!
Offline Col  
#7 Posted : 01 June 2019 10:30:31(UTC)
Col

The first properly hot day of the year and of course it's a bloody SE thing. Originally it was supposed to be pretty good here, low 20s with some sun but naturally that got gradually downgraded and now it's cloudy with light rain. Pathetic, I hate the NW England climate, especially on days like this when the contrast is very sharp and just a couple of hunded miles away it's hot & sunny.

Col

Bolton, Lancashire

160m asl

Snow videos:

http://www.youtube.com/c...UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg

Offline Crepuscular Ray  
#8 Posted : 01 June 2019 13:21:30(UTC)
Crepuscular Ray

Man
United Kingdom

Gloomy and damp in West Yorkshire. 16 C
Jerry

On the side of Ilkley Moor for the winter (b'aht'at) Weekends in Edinburgh or the Lakes [/b]

Online Retron  
#9 Posted : 01 June 2019 13:26:05(UTC)
Retron

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray Go to Quoted Post
Gloomy and damp in West Yorkshire. 16 C

Sounds lovely - at least you can do the gardening without getting zapped or exploding in a puddle of sweat!

(As predicted, there's only the faintest puff of wind here and the house is an inferno - 29.5C in the back bedroom, for example, which faces east! Not long until the air-con goes on...)

Offline xioni2  
#10 Posted : 01 June 2019 13:36:24(UTC)
xioni2

Originally Posted by: Retron Go to Quoted Post

(As predicted, there's only the faintest puff of wind here and the house is an inferno - 29.5C in the back bedroom, for example, which faces east! Not long until the air-con goes on...)

We just hit 25C here with a lovely breeze, house temperature is a perfect ~23C.

Don't give up, this is about our future!
Offline picturesareme  
#11 Posted : 01 June 2019 13:40:57(UTC)
picturesareme

Seems a little late for this thread given the amount of good warm weather since late April down here.. Nothing higher then mid 20's (26/27), but plenty high teens low 20's (18-23), and with lots of sunshine ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Anyway around 22C today with a breeze. Humidity is not really notable once again - Thursday looks like it will keep the most humid day of the week down here.

Offline ARTzeman  
#12 Posted : 01 June 2019 14:59:37(UTC)
ARTzeman

Man

Summer rain most of the coming week. The usual thing about to start....

Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

Offline RobN  
#13 Posted : 01 June 2019 17:11:09(UTC)
RobN

United Kingdom

Well almost a perfect summer's day here 

At least it was until a short while ago when it clouded over

And now the air is thick with acrid blue smoke and the smell of barbecue lighter fuel 

Rob

Sometimes a few miles north of Cambridge on a hill in the flatlands of East Anglia 15m ASL

Other times in south east Gloucestershire near the River Thames 75m ASL.

Offline Chunky Pea  
#14 Posted : 01 June 2019 23:02:16(UTC)
Chunky Pea

Man
Ireland

Originally Posted by: xioni2 Go to Quoted Post

We just hit 25C here with a lovely breeze, house temperature is a perfect ~23C.

You must be a cold creature. I would consider 23c to be an excessive temp for indoor comfort. 16-18c is the around the sweet spot for me.

"There are nights when the wolves fall silent and only the moon howls"

--George Carlin.

Offline Hickster  
#15 Posted : 01 June 2019 23:13:25(UTC)
Hickster

United Kingdom

Lovely day here visiting folks in West Bromwich. Much warmer back home no doubt but a nice start to summer nonetheless. Next week not so good but what happen to model output discussion?
Brexit - Let's do it!

Etchingham, E Sussex

110m asl

Online Retron  
#16 Posted : 02 June 2019 04:20:53(UTC)
Retron

Well, that sucked. Following a hot day, there wa a sultry, steamy night to follow. This is the reason why I dislike summer so much:

For 5 in the morning, that's just a plain silly indoor temperature - and that's in a room which had the window open all night too.

At least today there should be more of a wind and from a direction which will allow it to enter the house!

SHOW EXTERNAL IMAGES

Edited by user 02 June 2019 04:24:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Lionel Hutz  
#17 Posted : 02 June 2019 05:43:32(UTC)
Lionel Hutz

Man
Ireland

Originally Posted by: Col Go to Quoted Post

The first properly hot day of the year and of course it's a bloody SE thing. Originally it was supposed to be pretty good here, low 20s with some sun but naturally that got gradually downgraded and now it's cloudy with light rain. Pathetic, I hate the NW England climate, especially on days like this when the contrast is very sharp and just a couple of hunded miles away it's hot & sunny.

๐Ÿ‘I hear you. Pretty much the same here. Indeed, we find ourselves in this situation even more often than you i.e. dull and damp conditions while our near neighbours enjoy blazing sunshine. 

Lionel Hutz

Nr.Waterford , S E Ireland

68m ASL

Offline Caz  
#18 Posted : 02 June 2019 06:19:39(UTC)
Caz

Woman

Originally Posted by: Col Go to Quoted Post

A gloat from me then!  It was a lovely summer day here with temps in the mid 20’s all day.  Hazy sunshine for a couple of hours early afternoon but sunny thereon.  A very warm and stuffy night though and 19c now!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun of the monthly CET competition. Last chance to join in the yearly comp is 2nd March. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.

Offline Col  
#19 Posted : 02 June 2019 08:41:51(UTC)
Col

Originally Posted by: Caz Go to Quoted Post

A gloat from me then!  It was a lovely summer day here with temps in the mid 20’s all day.  Hazy sunshine for a couple of hours early afternoon but sunny thereon.  A very warm and stuffy night though and 19c now!  

I think we should have seperate moaning & gloating threads....

Actually yesterday wan't all that bad. There was some light rain in the morning but afterwards there was some brightness and it got to 19.7C which is still quite warm for the time of year. I was just venting off about the contrast with the SE, call it 'weather envy' if you like!

Col

Bolton, Lancashire

160m asl

Snow videos:

http://www.youtube.com/c...UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg

Offline Ally Pally Snowman  
#20 Posted : 02 June 2019 09:07:22(UTC)
Ally Pally Snowman

Man
United Kingdom

Very warm here already in the East 25c by 10am.