Bertwhistle
05 May 2019 14:47:02

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

My calculations are 9.52C for the 28th, 9.39C for the 29th and 10.22C for the 30th.

Add those to the official figures for 1st - 27th and you get 9.08C as a final figure.

Thanks GW- thought you'd have the stats but didn't want to burden you with a direct request!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Gavin P
07 May 2019 18:29:00

We have a confirmed CET for April 2019 (they updated it very, very late this afternoon)

9.1 as predicted by GW. 

Rural West Northants 120m asl
Short, medium and long range weather forecast videos @ https://www.youtube.com/user/GavsWeatherVids
johncs2016
07 May 2019 21:39:06

Originally Posted by: Gavin P 

We have a confirmed CET for April 2019 (they updated it very, very late this afternoon)

9.1 as prediocted by GW. 

If my memory serves me right, that is just 0.1°C above the value of 9.0°C which you used as the central CET value for your last summer updates video which was released on Sunday. I would therefore have thought that this margin of error wouldn't have affected those analogues too much, so well done in being so close with that one under the circumstances.

As for my own guess, I went for something a bit too warm which doesn't happen all that often these days, although I was only just over 0.4°C out.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Global Warming
11 May 2019 11:23:00

Here are the charts and data for April and the Spring so far

IMAGE. Members enable at bottom of page

Hungry Tiger
11 May 2019 13:52:13

I was more than 1.0C out.

Btw - that was late for Hadley to update on this. This is why I leave the previous month's CET thread stickied  a full month afterwards until the next month comes out so no one misses out.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

Gusty
11 May 2019 17:18:59

All fairly close this month with many competitors doing well and predicting within 0.5c of the final value. April can be a difficult month to predict with potential for wide errors due to the contrasts between cold polar influences and a warming continent on southerly flows  

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

scillydave
11 May 2019 17:35:31
Iā€™m very relieved to have guessed it this month - I had a disastrous start to the year so hopefully this will close the yawning gap between myself and the top 20šŸ˜‚
Currently living at roughly 65m asl North of Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Formerly of, Birdlip, highest village in the Cotswolds and snow heaven in winter; Hawkinge in Kent - roof of the South downs and Isles of Scilly, paradise in the UK.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
11 May 2019 18:26:56

Originally Posted by: scillydave 

I’m very relieved to have guessed it this month - I had a disastrous start to the year so hopefully this will close the yawning gap between myself and the top 20šŸ˜‚

Yes, that’s my case too and glad I was closer in April because my May guess isn’t looking too great right now!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Bertwhistle
11 May 2019 18:59:36

Can hardly bear the wait GW- where are the prediction cumulative stats?

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Global Warming
11 May 2019 21:15:28

Annual CET competition - April update

Congratulations to scillydave who won the April competition with a prediction of 9.10C. The actual CET was 9.07C.

In the annual competition Col returns to the top of the table this month, having previously been in first place in January.

rickm climbs four places to third and sussex snow magnet is up five places to seventh.

Link to full size table

Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
12 May 2019 05:59:13

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Annual CET competition - April update

Congratulations to scillydave who won the April competition with a prediction of 9.10C. The actual CET was 9.07C.

In the annual competition Col returns to the top of the table this month, having previously been in first place in January.

rickm climbs four places to third and sussex snow magnet is up five places to sevent

No complaints from me as to how the competition is shaping up:)

Still hopeful that my 12.27C prediction for May won't be too far off the mark. However it really needs to start warming up now. One worry is that the main warmth will be in Scotland next week which is obviously no good as far as the CET is concerned! I suspect that it might take a late May heatwave to get the figure up to my prediction but that is clearly unforecastable at this range so there's still all to play for.

Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
Bertwhistle
12 May 2019 13:24:20

Thanks GW!

Not too unhappy about 9th place, despite falling one place. Top 10 is good- who knows? With May not looking like a particularly warm one, I might even nudge up a place or too. Have to say, GezM looks like the cumulative form horse though!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
12 May 2019 14:47:44

Well done Col and all those higher than me, which is most of you!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Global Warming
27 May 2019 08:58:46

Here are the official maximum temperatures by day for April.

We managed 4 consecutive days at or above 25C somewhere in the UK. Long time since I recall seeing Fontmell Magna as the warmest place in the UK. I think it has had a weather station for a very long time, although I might be getting confused with somewhere else.

Link to full sized table