Gavin P
  • Gavin P
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
16 March 2019 13:57:20

Hello folks,

Here's the weather forecast for the week ahead including the traditional Written Thoughts

https://www.gavsweathervids.com/weather-forecast-for-the-week-ahead.php

Starting very unsettled but #Spring returns next week...

Have got the CFS Six-Month Look-Ahead coming up @ GWV this evening with more Summer analogues tomorrow.

Thanks as ever for your support and to Brian and the Mods for making it happen! 

Rural West Northants 120m asl
Short, medium and long range weather forecast videos @ https://www.youtube.com/user/GavsWeatherVids
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
16 March 2019 14:19:29

Thanks, Gavin.

"Despite all the cloud at least it will be mild..."  Spotted it!

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
Sharp Green Fox
16 March 2019 15:09:00
Thanks Gavin.

Looking forward to some High Pressure conditions.
johncs2016
16 March 2019 15:35:47
Thanks for that.

It's hard to believe that it wasn't all that long ago since I was talking quite a lot about there not being enough rain in this neck of the woods.

However, this month has changed all of that by quite a lot to the point where we have now already had more than one and a half times our 1981-2010 average March rainfall here despite being only just over halfway through the month.

With that in mind, I would say that any respite from all of this wet weather which is brought about by any return to high pressure next week will probably be very welcome in these parts now.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
16 March 2019 17:42:01

Thank you for your thoughts, Gavin. Will be nice to have a calm return to the weather.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
schmee
16 March 2019 18:59:10
Cheers Gavin.
Observations from around GUILDFORD in SURREY and now Nottingham
Gusty
16 March 2019 20:07:25

Thanks Gavin. Appreciated. 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Gavin P
  • Gavin P
17 March 2019 01:21:04

^^^^^

Thanks all! 

AJ, it still amazes me that people look out for ALIWBM - I assume that at least half my audience wouldn't "get" that joke now haha! 

John, it's certainly amazing how quickly it can all turn around isn't it?  

Short, medium and long range weather forecast videos @ https://www.youtube.com/user/GavsWeatherVids
johncs2016
17 March 2019 02:21:49

Originally Posted by: Gavin P 

^^^^^

Thanks all! 

AJ, it still amazes ,me that people look out for ALIWBM - I assume that at least half my audience wouldn't "get" that joke now haha! 

John, it's certainly amazing how quickly it can all turn around isn't it?  

It certainly is which brings me to another question.

Given that the general trend is towards a return to high pressure next week which would therefore, result in a return to drier weather without the rainfall deficit actually being fully made up even with the very wet March which we're currently experiencing, I was thinking about what might happen now if the rest of the spring was to then be dry with a hot and dry summer to follow.

Do you believe that the situation (in terms of possible water shortages) might still be fairly critical in such a scenario due to that rainfall deficit having never been fully made up, or do you believe that the very wet March which we are currently experiencing will now be enough to quell such fears?

On another note though, I would like to wish you well with the new Star Wars content which you are now using your other YouTube channel for (yes, I do remember the period up until 2014 when that used to be your main weather channel itself).

I'm not an avid Star Wars fan myself, but I do recall very well, going to the cinema when I was a kid to watch the very first couple of Star Wars films back in the 1970s including one occasion when I did so during a holiday down in Blackpool back in the early 1980s.

As a result of that, I hope that your new Star Wars channel will eventually grow to become as big as what your main weather channel has become over the years (I was also wondering whether or not, you were also planning on creating a new website to go with that, which is similar to what you have for your main weather channel, and which would also have a place with all of the links to any websites which you mention and/or deal with there).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Gavin P
  • Gavin P
17 March 2019 15:19:11

Hi John,

Re. the rainfall deficit. I suspect it depends where you are. If the pics I've seen from parts of Wales, northern England etc are anything to go by I think the deficit has pretty much been made up now.

Further east through the east Midlands, southern and south-east England I would think the situation is improved but probably still quite serious.

Again though I'm not an expert on this so you'd really have to ask the Environment Agency.

Thanks for the kind comments Re. the relaunch of my old personal channel with new Star Wars content. I'm not really expecting much to be honest... There are a LOT of Star Wars channels on YT that do it all WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than me.

I just thought i'd be fun and a challenge to kind of build up a channel from scratch again. And I did always feel kind of bad that for five years I had a channel just sitting there not doing anything (well I have the original vids that I recorded from 2012 to 2014 on there but I mean it wasn't doing anything from an original content POV)

As far as a second website with Star Wars content is concerned whilst I'd never say never that's not really something I'd ever expect or wish to do. I've got enough on my plate managing GWV without adding a second website to my list of duties lol! 

I think my Star Wars content will remain very much a "side" project on my personal YouTube channel but as ever time will tell I suppose.