Rob K
04 February 2019 08:23:56

So January ended up below average CET? That’s very surprising to me. 

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Global Warming
10 February 2019 16:53:00

Here are the charts for January

Overall a fairly average month, just dipping slightly below towards the end of the month.

The winter as a whole is mild so far after a very warm December. Although February started cold it looks like turning much warmer. So overall this looks like being quite a warm winter.

IMAGE. Members enable at bottom of page

Global Warming
10 February 2019 18:28:58

CET competition - January update

Here is the first table of the year. Congratulations to The Professional and Col who were just 0.04C out. Norseman was close behind.

Full sized table

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
10 February 2019 19:28:14

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Here is the first table of the year. Congratulations to The Professional and Col who were just 0.04C out. Norseman was close behind.

Thank you GW!  Congrats to the winners and near winners!  

I have a lot of catching up to do!  Almost as much as HT!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
johncs2016
10 February 2019 20:49:15

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Full sized table

Thanks for that update.

I'm impressed that the vast majority of us came within 1°C of the actual value with our guesses for January and I'm sure that this played such a big part in that being such a closely fought contest.

However, I would just to take this opportunity to congratulate this month's winners. The standards have clearly been set for the rest of this year and for me, it will just be a case of trying to match up to those standards as well as possible.

As we all know, it is ultimately the weather itself which. will determine who close each guess is to the actual value for any given month but for me, that is part and parcel of the fun which fun which comes with taking part in this competition.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Norseman
10 February 2019 21:25:00
Yes thanks to GW for running the competition. Beginning to look like those who went high for Feb will be favourites for the second month.
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
11 February 2019 06:18:06
I like this competition 🙂
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
11 February 2019 06:26:11

Originally Posted by: Col 

I like this competition :)

Me too, but obviously for different reasons!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Windy Willow
11 February 2019 09:03:46

Well done winners! & Thanks GW as always 

119.4 m /391.7 feet asl
Sunny Dartford, NW Kent

Don't feed the Trolls!! When starved of attention they return to their dark caves or the dark recesses of bridges and will turn back to stone, silent again!
Rob K
13 February 2019 16:37:04

Originally Posted by: Windy Willow 

119.377 m /391.658 feet asl 

Millimetre accuracy? Is that to the top of the carpet pile or the bottom? 

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Windy Willow
13 February 2019 17:29:15

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Millimetre accuracy? Is that to the top of the carpet pile or the bottom? 

I should imagine it's the top! LOL  I got it from some website or other, for my exact location 

119.4 m /391.7 feet asl
Sunny Dartford, NW Kent

Don't feed the Trolls!! When starved of attention they return to their dark caves or the dark recesses of bridges and will turn back to stone, silent again!