johncs2016
13 January 2019 00:38:51

The borefest goes on here in Edinburgh as it remains overcast with virtually nothing that is even remotely interesting as far as our weather is concerned, actually happening.

Nevertheless, the wind has picked up once again with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank getting up to 37.9mph from the WSW as at midnight.

However, it is ridiculously mild for this time of the year as the temperature at midnight was 9.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 10°C at Edinburgh Airport and 10.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
tallyho_83
13 January 2019 02:07:46

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

The borefest goes on here in Edinburgh as it remains overcast with virtually nothing that is even remotely interesting as far as our weather is concerned, actually happening.

Nevertheless, the wind has picked up once again with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank getting up to 37.9mph from the WSW as at midnight.

However, it is ridiculously mild for this time of the year as the temperature at midnight was 9.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 10°C at Edinburgh Airport and 10.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

10.5 here in Exeter and has been since 6pm - so just as boring and rubbish!

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
13 January 2019 08:43:26

Breezy and cloudy but dry and a very mild night at 10c.  Now down a little to 9.6c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
marco 79
13 January 2019 08:47:19
Some clear breaks...mild....mod to fresh WSW wind...9.4c...1012mb
Max yesterday 8.6c (19.00)
Min overnight (temp rise through night so 8.6c min)
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
johncs2016
13 January 2019 09:02:08

Originally Posted by: tallyho_83 

10.5 here in Exeter and has been since 6pm - so just as boring and rubbish!

Yes, but you are in the SW of England where you would at least, expect it to be milder than the rest of the UK on average. Here in Scotland though, I am a lot further north which means that we should at the very least, be expecting it to be a bit colder here on average than what it is down your way in Exeter.

Apart from that, it's not as though I'm actually looking for any sort of extreme weather to occur here. All that I am therefore asking for, is just something to actually happen even if that is something as trivial as a weather front which moves through and brings us a bit of actual recorded rainfall, even if that isn't all that much. Anything at all just now would least break the monotony a bit and yet, it is as though even that has been too much to ask for over the last few months.

At the moment, the clouds have broken up a bit with some early sunshine, but our almost constant borefest and frost-free hell goes on with quite a lot of cloud and nothing else which is even remotely interesting, actually happening.

It is however, still very windy with maximum gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank of up to 42.3mph from the west as at 8am this morning.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 9.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 10°C at Edinburgh Airport and a ridiculously mild 10.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was 10.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 11°C at Edinburgh Airport and 10.7°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, so there isn't even much of a diurnal temperature range just now.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
13 January 2019 09:02:45
Cloudy and mild 8.2c
Very windy in the night.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Skreever
13 January 2019 09:05:21
Blustery, wet

Wind WNW strong to near gale

Temp 6.8C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
Gusty
13 January 2019 09:13:16

Cloudy and a very mild 10.3c. The overnight low was 8.6c.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
13 January 2019 10:45:03

Unbroken altostratus cover, brisk W wind, dry.

10.1*C after a minimum of 9.3*C at 4.15am.

82%RH; 1010.7mb falling.

Still gloomy.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
redmoons
13 January 2019 11:13:39
Currently 10.3c and cloudy.

Yesterday was quite unusual I had a high temperature of 10.7c at 4.24am and a low of 8.3c at 7.48pm.
High Temperature 10.7 °C at 04:24
Low Temperature 8.3 °C at 19:48
Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

ARTzeman
13 January 2019 11:36:46

Cloudy. Dry. 11.5c. Humidity 78% Rh.

1017 hPa. Westerly Wind 12 - 20 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
13 January 2019 12:57:21

The Sun is coming and going here in Edinburgh just now but as yet, nothing in the way of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon. That seems a bit harsh now since there appears to have been quite a bit of sunshine during this morning, so I'm hoping that there isn't anything which has gone wrong with the sunshine recorder at that station which is preventing that sunshine from actually being recorded.

It is however, very windy with the wind at Edinburgh Gogarbank gusting up to 43.5mph from the west at 12 noon.

Since the temperatures have actually been dropping a bit during this morning, I can report that this morning's maximum temperature was 10.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 11°C at Edinburgh Airport and 10.7°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 12 noon was 8.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 9°C at Edinburgh Airport and 9.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

bradders
13 January 2019 13:15:18

Cloudy and damp after some earlier rain this morning.

Temp 10.8C

Overnight low 8.7C

Rain 1.4mm

Pressure 1011mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Tim A
13 January 2019 13:44:25
Extemely windy again.
58mph gusts. A few things in the garden are smashed up .
8.3c
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

idj20
13 January 2019 14:03:35

Rather cloudy but with chinks of brightness breaking through. Since winds are actually very light, the current 11.6 c & 80% felt pleasantly mild when I popped out to put some rubbish in the bin. It is also more of a drying day, whereas yesterday was rather damp and clammy.  

Folkestone Harbour. 
Retron
13 January 2019 14:20:52
Mostly cloudy, 10.8C (after a high of 11C earlier) and breezy.

Ideal weather for getting out in the garden and I suspect this'll be the last time for quite a while that it'll make double figures!
Leysdown, north Kent
noodle doodle
13 January 2019 15:41:48
Yup, feels warm in edinburgh - just been for a walk in the pentlands and it felt absolutely unwintry, was even sitting outside this morning - Only the wind when we went round corners or over a top made me glad I'd worn a fleece. Gonna be a shock later this week 😮
doctormog
13 January 2019 15:45:55
7°C and mostly dry with only very occasional showers here but feeling chilly in a strong NWly wind.
johncs2016
13 January 2019 16:50:23
This afternoon has brought an increasing amount of sunshine which means that given the clear skies which we have just now, it is perhaps rather surprising that in the end, a total of just half an hour of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

It is still very windy though and although it's not quite as windy as it was earlier on, the wind at Edinburgh Gogarbank was still gusting up to 35.4mph from the west at 4pm this afternoon.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 4pm this afternoon was 7.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 8°C at Edinburgh Airport and 7.8°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

johncs2016
13 January 2019 20:50:11
The skies are fairly clear for once but although the wind has died down a bit since earlier on, there is still too much wind around to allow the temperatures to drop very quickly.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8pm this evening was 6.4°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 7°C at Edinburgh Airport and 6.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.