fairweather
09 January 2019 20:24:33

Anybody on here into astrophotography? I've been branching out a bit from my wildlife photography recently and giving it a go. Not that I've had a clear night for about three weeks and only about 5 since i started!

S.Essex, 42m ASL
11 January 2019 13:57:36
Yes, weather allowing it can be time consuming to get the right conditions, target, shot and set-up. However its extremely rewarding, I can recommend some youtube vids to help give some visual pointers. Next event of note is the lunar ecplise on the 21st Jan, should roughly start at 2.30am and finish around 6.30am. Peak around around 4ish, so will have an early rise and take some shots before heading off to the office as always depends on the weather being on yourside.

fairweather
13 January 2019 15:03:19

Thanks for the heads up on the eclipse. I have had some success with the Orion Nebula with stacked static shots using my DSLR and now have a tracker which I want to use with it to get some longer exposures.

S.Essex, 42m ASL
ozone_aurora
13 January 2019 16:38:22

Hi there. I have done some astrophotography, using my DSLR, CCD cameras and a 6 inch telescope. Having said that, there is still much to learn and to reach professional quality, but have planned to continue with the hobby for time being, that is weather permitting!

Hope to post some pics sometime.

14 January 2019 09:56:46
I have been trying to get my game up and I have found the follow helpfuly.

https://astrobackyard.com/ 

He also has a youtube channel.

He has some videos on youtube which will help you from basics to using the tracker and longer exposures for Deep Space targets. He also has to deal with the same issue as myself regarding light polution from his location.

Personally I'm looking to get some milkyway landscape shots in the bag this year with a mobile set-up. I have been watching this chaps Astro shots on youtube which are very impressive.

https://alynwallacephotography.com/ 

He also has a youtube channel.

He has a video on some apps which he uses to set up his shots which I'm starting to look into.

I'll try and post some shots in the coming weeks weather permitting and if I get some free time for processing.

fairweather
14 January 2019 13:05:42

I was inspired to take it up after being gob-smacked by seeing the Milky Way last summer in a light pollution free part of Cornwall. I'd forgotten what it looked like. Been mainly doing Orion Nebula and am waiting for the Milky Way to return to southern  skies in  the summer.

That's pretty much what I have been doing and follow that website and also recommend  lonelyspeck.com with good tutorials and you tube vids by Peter Zelinka who speaks more clearly than most Americans and doesn't have annoying background music. Using Sequator for stacking and Stelarium for finding stuff.

What is the easiest way to get a PC image uploaded to here? 

S.Essex, 42m ASL