johncs2016
10 December 2018 16:46:25
There has been some further high cloud around during this afternoon but in the end, a total of 3.3 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank which as things stand, keeps this month on course for being sunnier than average overall. Having said that though, it shouldn't take much at this time of year to get a sunnier than average month, given the lack of available daylight and we learned quite an important lesson from last month on how any potential for this month to be sunnier than average could easily be ruined by any easterly which comes in later on down the line.

Today has been a cold day though with the frost never completely clearing away from north-facing shaded areas all day. On that note, today's maximum temperature was 5.4°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 5°C at Edinburgh Airport and 3.8°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh. We haven't yet had any really cold days during this winter (which in my book is day which either goes down as an official ice day or one where the temperature barely rises above freezing all day), so today was the coldest day of the winter so far at all three of my local stations.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 4pm this afternoon was 3.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 2°C at Edinburgh Airport and 2.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Crepuscular Ray
10 December 2018 17:31:44
Only 3 C max in my frost hollow today and my car has been completely frost covered all day. Looking like a chilly but mostly dry week coming up after a dry and mostly sunny weekend
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
10 December 2018 17:50:45

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Only 3 C max in my frost hollow today and my car has been completely frost covered all day. Looking like a chilly but mostly dry week coming up after a dry and mostly sunny weekend

I will give my usual final update of day the later on, but I can tell you that at 5pm this afternoon, the temperature at Edinburgh Airport was already down to 0°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
schmee
10 December 2018 20:14:58
6c clear spells.
Observations from around GUILDFORD in SURREY and now Nottingham
johncs2016
10 December 2018 20:51:48
That drop in the temperature which I reported on my last post here didn't last for long because there is now more in the way of cloud and because of that, the temperatures are now refusing to drop.

This now means that the temperature at 8pm this evening was 2.3°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 1°C at Edinburgh Airport and 2.6°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

howham
10 December 2018 22:47:50
-2.9C and falling.
richardabdn
10 December 2018 23:09:33

Cold, clear and frosty at -2.2C I wonder if it will still be like this by morning?

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November