Crepuscular Ray
16 March 2017 07:58:31

Mods. Is there anyway we could bring the tutorial back on how to post images please

Some members can do this but I can only post the URL

I just need that final step to display the actual images.  It used to work and from this phone too

I now end up with a small blue Square which infuriates me!

Thanks guys

Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
lanky
18 March 2017 09:02:12

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Mods. Is there anyway we could bring the tutorial back on how to post images please

Some members can do this but I can only post the URL

I just need that final step to display the actual images.  It used to work and from this phone too

I now end up with a small blue Square which infuriates me!

Thanks guys

Which photo repository are you trying to display from ?

I use Photobucket and Flickr.

Flickr is better for photos (as they can avoid Brian's 500px limit by linking back to the original) but it needs some text editing of the share codes to get it to display directly at all as Flickr removed this facility

Photobucket is generally OK for graphs etc but the 500px limit applies so not so good for photos. Direct display works fine though. I can document how to do it if you want but it should be straightforward. I haven't managed to get the link back (as used for Flickr) to work properly in Photobucket

Don't know enough about the other (many) storage sites

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Crepuscular Ray
25 March 2017 11:25:57
Thanks Martin. I'm using Flickr. So I copy the URL and paste into the 'post reply' box on TWO using the picture icon. It's how to get the image to display then?
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
ARTzeman
27 March 2017 15:11:09

Don't forget to  change clocks in your cameras. Images may have the wrong time taken if you do not put them forward the necessary hour.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
lanky
08 April 2017 08:42:32

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Thanks Martin. I'm using Flickr. So I copy the URL and paste into the 'post reply' box on TWO using the picture icon. It's how to get the image to display then?

As I mentioned earlier, Flickr no longer supports direct display of images in forums etc and you have to link back to Flick to display via a url in the forum post (or so it seems anyway !)

However, with a bit of judicious text editing it is possible to get images to display directly and also to link back to a bigger image in Flickr where the 500pixel TWO limit prevents a decent photo display

Thanks to "four" for showing me how to do the link back to Flickr !!

In principle the method is in the following steps:

1. Display individual image in Flickr

2. Get "share" code (embed code) for 500 pixel display

3. edit the 500 pixel share code in notepad

4. post edited portion to TWO in insert/edit image option

5. Get "share" code for bigger display (1000 pixels works for me)

6. edit the share code in notepad

7. post the edited portion to TWO in the insert link option

8. post to TWO

You should see a 500pixel version on TWO with a clickable image which will show the bigger image in flick when clicked inside. I suspect Flickr may close this off at some point !!

Screenshots of process

hope this helps

Martin
Richmond, Surrey