johnparrott
04 December 2016 11:41:02

Hi... I'm looking for historical temperature and rainfall data for Strathspey for the period 1940 - present.  Preferred weather stations are Aviemore and Cromdale.  Can I download these anywhere?

John

Bertwhistle
04 December 2016 16:59:01

Originally Posted by: johnparrott 

Hi... I'm looking for historical temperature and rainfall data for Strathspey for the period 1940 - present.  Preferred weather stations are Aviemore and Cromdale.  Can I download these anywhere?

John

Hello John and welcome to TWO. This site:

www.tutiempo.net

provides data for many stations if you select the climate option rather than weather; but most of the stations go back to 1973- so 43 years to start! Others on TWO will no doubt fill the 33 year earlier gap for you. Hope that helps!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
johnparrott
04 December 2016 19:51:55
Thanks, Bertwhistle. I checked the Scottish data on tutiempo. As you say, the earliest seem to be 1973. Presumably the Met Office has data going back long before that? but how to access?
llamedos
08 December 2016 09:07:31

Thanks, Bertwhistle. I checked the Scottish data on tutiempo. As you say, the earliest seem to be 1973. Presumably the Met Office has data going back long before that? but how to access?

You could contact KevBrads1 - he's quite a fount of knowledge wrt historical weather data....

PS Welcome to TWO btw

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
StrathspeyWeather
08 December 2016 20:05:56

John

Hi John: I can certainly fill in some gaps for you: I have the Grantown on Spey (Met Office site) archives from 1966-1991 (They used to be incorporated in my website) and also my own records from 2000 to present (Met Office site since 2009)

Live Weather from Cromdale, in the Cairngorms National Park of Highland Scotland.
http://strathspeyweather.co.uk  (Met Office Climate Station)
johnparrott
08 December 2016 20:37:20
That would be great. I seem to be able to download some Met Office data from Braemar, but not Strathspey?
StrathspeyWeather
09 December 2016 16:40:20

That would be great. I seem to be able to download some Met Office data from Braemar, but not Strathspey?

John: I have PM'd you.

Live Weather from Cromdale, in the Cairngorms National Park of Highland Scotland.
http://strathspeyweather.co.uk  (Met Office Climate Station)