Andy J
30 July 2017 16:59:33

And not long after that recent storm, another brief downpour passes through here but even heavier than the last one.  3mm of rain in barely 5 minutes.  Certainly the skies all around here are now full of impressive looking convection. 

Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
P+ve Giant
30 July 2017 17:33:04

Just edged a thundery shower here - a few rumbles - the nearest about 15 seconds away so roughly 3 miles. Nothing showing on the lightning radar for this area atm and I didn't see any flashes so must've been intra-cloud activity. The AM radio has come into it's own today - guaranteed to hear the sferic on that ...

John.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
30 July 2017 17:42:01

Some very heavy showers here in the PST 45 minutes but only distant rumbles of thunder.  

Andy there's another downpour heading your way providing it doesn't all empty over me!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
30 July 2017 18:05:36

Er ... showers? What showers?

Dry with sunny periods all day

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
30 July 2017 18:11:44
More or less missed showers here until 30 minutes ago when we caught the edge of one with about 3.5mm - several close by rumbles.
GIBBY
30 July 2017 18:52:46

Been some amazing showers here in North-East Somerset today. We have had 26mm of rain since 3pm as the train of convergence showers across the spine of SW England bombards my area one after another. Some crazy rain rates at times but amazingly only distant rumbles of thunder before the first storm arrived before 15:00.

Martin G
Kilmersdon Radstock Bath Somerset

Look up my New Facebook Weather Page  for all the latest up to the minute weather stories as they happen
Andy J
30 July 2017 21:00:56

Originally Posted by: Caz 

Some very heavy showers here in the PST 45 minutes but only distant rumbles of thunder.  

Andy there's another downpour heading your way providing it doesn't all empty over me!  

Yes Caz we did get more showers in the evening, but nothing like the downpours earlier.   Certainly has been a very convective day in our region though, some impressive cloud structures around.

Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
SnowJon
31 July 2017 16:25:38
Yet another storm here this afternoon - the fourth in 5 days! The rain was coming down at 150mm per hour for a brief moment - most intense rainfall I've recorded here.
Bangor, Co Down
Chunky Pea
31 July 2017 16:43:40

Originally Posted by: SnowJon 

Yet another storm here this afternoon - the fourth in 5 days! The rain was coming down at 150mm per hour for a brief moment - most intense rainfall I've recorded here.

Jealous!

Some flash flooding from showers here this morning but no thunder. All dry, bright 'n' breezy at the mo.

Current Conditions
https://t.ly/MEYqg 

"You don't have to know anything to have an opinion"
--Roger P, 12/Oct/2022
Jason H
31 July 2017 18:28:51

I was in Northern Ireland at the weekend for a wedding (Omagh) and can confirm there were some torrential downpours. Some friends have stayed over and have been posting some spectacular pictures today of rain and storms. Meanwhile in South East England, summer has returned!

I feel great! so maybe I might just
Search for a 9 to 5, if I strive
Then maybe I'll stay alive

Bexleyheath, Kent.
doctormog
31 July 2017 19:33:40

Originally Posted by: Jason H 

I was in Northern Ireland at the weekend for a wedding (Omagh) and can confirm there were some torrential downpours. Some friends have stayed over and have been posting some spectacular pictures today of rain and storms. Meanwhile in South East England, summer has returned!

Off-topic but I used to live near there and it may be my memory playing tricks but I'm sure we used to get quite a few cracking thunderstorms . Hope you had a nice time.